This article is by Joy Uyimwen, a GPI Roses Girl
A friend is someone you value. Chose your friends, don’t allow your friends choose you. Your friends will either add to or undermine your level of contentment. We should learn to associate with friends who will influence us positively rather than negatively as ‘she that walks with wise friends will become wise.’
We must also remember the saying, ‘evil communication corrupts good manners.’ It is difficult to be satisfied with your lot in the midst of friends who are never satisfied with what they have.
To choose your friends wisely, you should answer the following questions.
Are my friends adding to my contentment or are they increasing my feelings of discontent?
- Are my friends fond of bragging about their possessions?
- Are my friends always complaining about the things they do not have?
- What kind of friend am I to my friends?
We all need friends like the biblical Jonathan who helped David to become king of Isreal. We all need friends that have our best interests at heart.
- I was thinking about friendship the other day. There are bonds that feel so… (sfgate.com)
- Reliably Unreliable… (thatguythatreviewsstuff.wordpress.com)