For those of us who are faithful Googlers, we noticed this doodle right away. Some of us know about Google doodle, and so set off specifically to find out what beauty would be in store today. Some of us think we’re way too cool and so have our google search page customised, which is why we only stumbled upon this Doodle after getting some secondhand information. Some of us have never heard of Google Doodle, and some of us certainly don’t care.
Whatever the case (and even though beauty ought to be in the eyes of the beholder), I hope we can all agree that it is one lovely doodle. Courteney Palis describes it as a “colorful doodle which transforms the “G” into a female gender symbol, the second “O” into a yellow flower and replaces the logo’s regular blue with purple.”
The doodle will be gone by tomorrow, which is the real reason I’m posting it here. I want this pretty thing to be here, waiting to be looked at whenever we decide to come back and look at it.
Happy Women’s Day everyone! And remember, we are all unique, special beings, regardless of sex, location, or Gender.
- Google doodle celebrates International Women’s Day… plus the one you’ll never see (pocket-lint.com)
- Google Doodle Celebrates Women’s Day (mashable.com)
- Google doodles International Women’s Day (ibnlive.in.com)
- International Women’s Day celebrated in a Google doodle (guardian.co.uk)
- Google Celebrates International Women’s Day with a Symbolic Google Doodle (techie-buzz.com)